Potter Park Zoo is inviting Michigan residents to become volunteer citizen scientists and join the local chapter of FrogWatch USA. The program teaches volunteers how to identify frogs and toads by their breeding calls and help to gather data that supports a national network. This is a great program for adults and children alike and a great spring time activity for families, friends, individuals and groups to get outdoors.
You do not have to be a frog or toad expert to be a FrogWatch USA volunteer! All you need is:
- An interest in frogs and toads;
- Attend one training session and join the local FrogWatch USA chapter
- A commitment to follow the standardized protocol to monitor a wetland site over multiple evenings throughout the breeding season (February – August)
FrogWatch training classes for 2019 will be offered in the Safari Room at Potter Park Zoo on the following dates:
- March 31 at 10 a.m. – Register for this session here
- March 31 – 4 p.m. – Register for this session here
- April 7 – 1 p.m. – Register for this session here
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to email@example.com with questions or for more information on the program.
2019 training dates will be announced soon! Stay connected with Potter Park Zoo on facebook for updates!