The Zoo Teen program at Potter Park Zoo is a volunteer opportunity which allows young people the chance to be a part of the daily operation of the zoo! Zoo Teens will be trained on how to engage in conservation education and share important conservation messages with zoo guests, help with Zookambi summer camp, and assist staff in the contact area in the farmyard (goats). Share your love of animals and the natural world while spending time at the zoo this summer!
Those that are accepted to the program will have a mandatory orientation in late May of application year (must attend with a parent).
Applications will be accepted again in 2024.
- Must be at least 14 years old by May 1 of application year
- Commit to a minimum of 25 hours of service over the summer
- Completed application
- Tuberculosis test is required
- $50 Registration Fee due at orientation (need based scholarships available)
- Teens must agree to abide by all safety regulations and the volunteer code of conduct