Page Updated: Feb. 20, 2020
- To apply: Follow above link, search for “zoo” and look for FACILITIES SEASONAL MAINTENANCE WORKER. Follow instructions to apply!
- Starting at $12/hour! Facilities Seasonal Maintenance Workers perform routine maintenance on park grounds, buildings and equipment, landscape and garden installation and maintenance. May also perform light construction. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with visitors, enforce park rules and regulations and provide assistance to visitors as required.
- To apply: Follow above link, search for “zoo” and look for SEASONAL ANIMAL CARE WORKER. Follow instructions to apply!
- Assists keepers in the daily husbandry of the animals in the Pony Path, Contact Area and Wings Down Under areas. Also receives direction from Head Keeper and Guest Experience Supervisor. Maintains hand-written and electronic records related to animal care. Provides a positive experience for the zoo visitor and animal during their up close encounter. Provides excellent guest services at all times. Must always strive to maintain best practices as established by AZA and exceed USDA guidelines.
Customer Service Attendants serve as the first and often the last employee contact for our visitors. With important roles throughout the zoo that include food & beverage prep, sales, and delivery, parking, admissions, and retail sales it is important that team members in these areas commit to ensuring prompt, efficient, accurate, and friendly customer service to all zoo visitors.
Customer Service Attendants provide customer service to Potter Park and Zoo guests. Keeps work area and inventory in a neat and orderly manner and well stocked. Prepares food to health code safety standards. Performs basic math, counts cash drawer, makes cash drops, prepares various reports and tally sheets.
Part Time Openings
We are hiring passionate and attentive individuals to join in the zoo’s mission and to provide a memorable experience for all zoo guests. This position will work closely with the Customer Services Manager in the food services operations of the zoo. It is a year round part-time position. (This is a no benefit – living wage position) Job description can be found by following this link.
- To apply: Prepare your cover letter telling us why you think this is the perfect job for you. Then follow this link, search for “zoo” and look for FOOD SERVICES – CUSTOMER SERVICE ATTENDANT II – POTTER PARK ZOO. Follow instructions to apply!
- This position will serve as a vital link between the food services areas of the zoo, seasonal employees, the public, and the Customer Services Manager to ensure our food delivery areas are operating at full potential. The Customer Service Attendant II must commit to ensuring prompt, efficient, accurate, and friendly customer service to all zoo visitors.
- Successful candidates must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with visitors, seasonal employee teammates, delivery drivers, & zoo management, maintain zoo’s cash management policy, adhere to all health code & zoo safety standards, and complete daily reports, all while cooking, cleaning, and stocking dependably each day.