Page Updated: January 8, 2020
- To apply: Follow above link, search for “zoo” and look for FACILITIES SEASONAL MAINTENANCE WORKER. Follow instructions to apply!
- Starting at $12.hour! Facilities Seasonal Maintenance Workers perform routine maintenance on park grounds, buildings and equipment, landscape and garden installation and maintenance. May also perform light construction. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with visitors, enforce park rules and regulations and provide assistance to visitors as required.
Part Time Openings
We are hiring passionate and attentive individuals to join in the zoo’s mission and to provide a memorable experience for all zoo guests. This position will work closely with the Customer Services Manager in the food services operations of the zoo. It is a year round part-time position. (This is a no benefit – living wage position) Job description can be found by following this link.
- To apply: Prepare your cover letter telling us why you think this is the perfect job for you. Then follow this link, search for “zoo” and look for FOOD SERVICES – CUSTOMER SERVICE ATTENDANT II – POTTER PARK ZOO. Follow instructions to apply!
- This position will serve as a vital link between the food services areas of the zoo, seasonal employees, the public, and the Customer Services Manager to ensure our food delivery areas are operating at full potential. The Customer Service Attendant II must commit to ensuring prompt, efficient, accurate, and friendly customer service to all zoo visitors.
- Successful candidates must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with visitors, seasonal employee teammates, delivery drivers, & zoo management, maintain zoo’s cash management policy, adhere to all health code & zoo safety standards, and complete daily reports, all while cooking, cleaning, and stocking dependably each day.